Under the direction of the Warehouse and Facilities Manager, you will have primary responsibility for planning, coordinating, controlling and managing warehouse operations on a single shift and ensuring compliance with company, federal and state regulations regarding controlled substances, pharmaceuticals, hazardous and flammable materials. This position is categorized as compliance critical and, as such, requires, and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division, corporate and regulatory requirements. Act as the designated representative to oversee and direct operations in the absence of the Warehouse and Facilities Managers’ absence.
- Responsible for the selection, training and performance management of the Distribution Center associates in the warehouse; track, monitor and control daily attendance and overtime.
- Ensure cleanliness of the facility.
- Direct warehouse activities to ensure efficient utilization of facilities for storing and distributing inventory.
- Responsible for efficient operation of stocking, order filling, returns, inventory, and receiving departments. Oversee shipping operations (UPS, emergency orders, ESI and/or general deliveries).
- Respond to production problems and implement solutions. Work with Customer Care and transportation companies to address service requests.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with Distribution Center associates.
- Enforce compliance with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules, and all government regulations.
- Study current and future needs of the Company as it relates to the management of receiving, stocking, inventory, returns, shipping, and order filling. Develop and recommend improvements in current warehouse practices to promote efficiency, accuracy, service enhancement, and lower costs.
- Review, track and analyze Critical Success Measures and compare the results with the targets on a regular basis. Develop and implement plans for improvement in areas such as order filling, deliveries, and overall service levels.
- Maintain process management, teamwork, productivity measurements, and quality control.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of the department budget, and facilitates warehouse operations with approved budget. Manages associates and warehouse supplies to operate within the departmental budget.
- Willing to work extended hours, take part in the weekend or night shift on call rotation as needed to meet productivity goals and provide emergency service to customers.
- Participate in physical inventory as scheduled.
- Provide a leadership example for the other team leaders.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year bachelor’s degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of four (4) years directly related and progressively responsible experience, including at least two (2) years at a supervisory level.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Good negotiating skills.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Strong leadership skills; train, motivate, direct the work of others.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations, engineering standards and regulatory compliance matters.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, meet deadlines, and work in a production-driven environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan and conduct effective meetings.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of computers and use of Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.